Ski, Dine, Shop and Experience Luxury While Staying
Cortina d’Ampezzo is a town in the centre of the Southern Alps in Italy. It is part of the Veneto region of Northern Italy. Located on the Boite River, it is known for its luxury winter sports resorts which feature skiing, trails, trendy shops, and fancy restaurants. So where should you stay when you visit here? Perhaps a luxurious Cortina hotel will be to your liking, so let’s investigate some options for that and a couple if travelling on a budget.
Cortina Hotel Options
Depending on what you want to do here, there are quite a few Cortina hotel options for lodging in this beautiful and happening town.
- Hotel Ancora boasts a spectacular restaurant and spa. Mountain views and elegant guest rooms and suites make this hotel a favorite for ski vacations.
- Cristallo Resort and Spa is a luxury option for lodging that was completely renovated in 2017. They offer a pool and full-service spa and beautiful views of the mountains. Moreover, it is a five-minute walk to the center of town, and if it you love to golf, this resort offers a free shuttle to the Cortina Golf Club.
- Faloria Mountain Spa Resort is also popular and set right in the UNESCO Heritage site of the Dolomites mountain range. They have suites that can accommodate up to four guests, and all have private balconies. The cuisine is fantastic, and the spa will relax and rejuvenate you. If you travel in the winter, skiing is an option for you. Other sports offered include cycling, climbing, and hiking, depending on the season.
- Grand Hotel Savoia is a good option to consider when traveling with children. This hotel has a kids club, indoor swimming pool in addition to a spa. They offer gourmet cuisine and are situated in a location that could not be more ideal. It is mere steps from shopping and five minutes to the Faloria cable car.
- Hotel Olimpia is 3 star accommodation near the Cortina d’Ampezzo Ski Resort which is more budget-friendly. They offer free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Hotel Oasi is a 2 star hotel and another great option for budget-friendly stays. It is linked with a shopping centre and is very near to the Cortina d’Ampezzo Ski Resort as well.
There you have it, just a few of the options for a hotel Contina has to offer - for when you start planning your Northern Italy trip. Of course, these are so many more available choices, so go online or speak to your travel agent for even more hotel and resort options in the area.
If you want to take the train to get here, train service doesn’t run directly into Cortina, but you can take the train to the closest station, which is Calalzo di Cadore. This station is twenty-two miles from Cortina d’Ampezzo. Once at the station, you can get a bus connection from there or use a rental car. If you are coming from the Venice airport or train station, you can also catch a bus or car-hire from those locations.
Subscribe to Train Travel Italy Newsletter