Useful Words, Italian Jokes & Romantic Italian Phrases
If new to Italy travel, it's always a good idea to have a supply of some simple & useful Italian phrases. Below are some basic ones that will come in handy, Speaking some Italian can turn a good vacation into a great one.
Most businesses in larger cities will have staff that speak some English. In small towns & villages it might be a slightly different story. Having a few useful phrases at your fingertips can make all the difference.
Useful Words & Italian Phrases
Informal hello or goodbye
Books On Italian Phrases
Purchase on Amazon
- Here are some books of Italian Phrases available at Amazon:
- Easy Italian Phrase Book
- Lonely Planet Italian Phrasebook & Dictionary
- Rick Steves' Italian Phrase Book & Dictionary
- Italian Phrase Book (Eyewitness Travel Guide)
- Dirty Italian: Everyday Slang from What's Up? to F*%# Off! and much more
Enjoy the Ease of Learning Italian Phrases with Audiobooks
Browse Audiobooks at Audible
Romantic Italian Phrases
If dating in Italy is your thing, some romantic Italian phrases might come in handy. After all, it's Italy we are talking about - a country known for beauty, culture and of course romance. If you chose to talk Italian to a lady, let's hope it's with confidence. Many Italian women are beautiful, smart and very intelligent. Even if you your Italian isn't perfect - at least your are making an effort to speak their tongue and most will appreciate that. Let's hear some romantic Italian phrases and how they sound.
I love you & want you well
Looking to Try Out Your Romantic Italian Phrases?
One-Line Italian Jokes
Italian jokes can really break the ice. They are simple and hilarious for one reason and one reason only - they're Italian! We've included a few of those as well on this page, for a good laugh of course. Lets "talk Italian" and have a few chuckles.
- "Did you hear about that Italian chef that died? He PASTA WAY."
- "I was going to tell you a joke about pizza. But never mind - it's too CHEESY."
- "I pick-a Guiseppe for my bowling team, because EBOLA perfect game every time."
- "What do you call a fake noodle? An IMPASTA!
- "What does an Irishman get after eating Italian lasagna? GAELIC BREATH!"
- "What do you call a Roman with a cold? JULIUS SNEEZER."
- "Where do pepperonis go on vacation? The Leaning Tower of PIZZA."
- "What do Italians eat on Halloween. FETTUCCINE-AFRAID-O!"
- "What do you call an Italian with his hands in his pockets? A MUTE."
- "What do you call an Italian with a rubber toe? ROBERTO.
- "What do you call a dodgy neighbourhood in Italy? A SPAGHETTO."
- "What does Schwarzenegger say before eating pasta. PASTA la vista, baby!"
- "How do you shut up an Italian? Tie their hands behind their back."
- "Why did the Mafia cross the road? FORGET ABOUT IT!"
Need Cool Vacation Wear or Other Italian Jokes Products?
Shop for Italian Jokes T-Shirts & More for Men, Women & Kids at RedBubble
Available at the AppStore
Stay Informed with the Train-Travel-Italy Newsletter