Italy Online Hotel Reservations
Book the Ideal Stay for Your Italian Vacation
Booking a hotel for your trip to Italy can be an overwhelming experience, but it doesn’t have to be. Italy online hotel reservations can make things easier and take a lot of hassle out of planning your vacation. There are a few tips and tricks that you might want to have in your back pocket to ensure you get the vacation and accommodations you’ve been dreaming about.
Helpful Tips on Italy Online Hotel Reservations
First and foremost, reviews are very important, so be sure to check them out on reputable websites for each hotel you consider. There are several popular sites that have thousands of entries of hotels and other lodging property options. Some popular sites are Booking, Hotels.com and Vrbo just to name a few. There you can check out the amenities, location, and price comparables. Even if you don't make your Italy online hotel reservations using an internet portal, it can help to have a look at these sites for general info on specific properties. They are comprehensive and contain more knowledge than a single person could know since people from all over the world can post their feedbacks.
- Breakfast - Does it include breakfast? Many hotels include this option to their guests which can be a handy if you want to just enjoy an early meal go go exploring. Breakfast could be anything from a pastry and coffee to a full on buffet. Consider what you want and need, but if you love breakfast, an all-inclusive breakfast buffet might be something to look for in the hotel listings.
- Dinner and Drinks - Some hotels even include dinner and drinks — a nice bonus after an exciting day of sightseeing or a romantic day-trip exploring the surroundings.
- Taxes - Be sure to check whether or not the taxes are included in the hotel room rate listed. The Italian tax or IVA is currently ten percent in Italy, so that will make a difference to the bill.
- Wi-Fi - Wireless internet is something people usually want to be available. Sometimes it is offered for free, but sometimes you have to pay for it. Free internet isn't always the fastest, so be sure to check the review and see what people write about it.
- Extras - Extra features such as laundry service, mini bar, safe, cooking facilities, ironing board are some other things you might want to look for if those are important to you. Most listings are fairly clear on what they offer and what they do not.
- Layout - If there is a specific type of lodging you want to book for your Italy online hotel reservations, with particular layouts or occupancy options - be sure to ask or get the information before booking. For example, if you would like a king size bed, single beds or an extra pull out sofa. Most people don't travel alone and group sizes vary, so make sure the right amenities and comforts are in place so everyone can enjoy their stay.
- Occupancy Limit - It is imperative that you pay attention to the occupancy limits when booking hotels. If the room only holds two people, you will not be able to have a third person in the room with you. Italy is very strict about this policy, and you have to check the number of passports at the front desk that corresponds to the number of persons allowed in your room. If you have a large party and will need more space, you can always book a family room that will accommodate everyone.
- Star Rating - In terms of star levels, the levels in Italy are considered to be one level lower than those of the United States and Canada. For example, if the hotel is listed as a five star, it will most likely resemble a four star that you would be used to back home.
Now that you have a few tricks up your sleeve, it's time to start thinking about your Italy hotel reservation. All the sites and sounds are just here to get discovered by you, so you'll need somewhere to rest and regroup amidst all the excitement.
Subscribe to Train Travel Italy Newsletter