Lake Garda Italy
A visit to Italy’s largest lake is sure to be filled with excitement, adventure and all of the beautiful scenery that Italy is known for. This lake is situated among the Dolomite mountain range and is filled with crystal clear, glacial waters. Swimming, sunbathing and relaxing on its shores are just a few of the attractions that Lake Garda have to offer. It also offers exciting amusement parks, historical sites and breathtaking views. There is something here to please everyone.
Wondering what to do in the Lake Garda region? Here are a few of the most popular sites along the shores of Lake Garda are:
- Gardaland - This amusement park is one of Italy’s most famous and contains fun for every member of the family. From a thrilling roller coaster ride on the Blue Tornado to a fun filled visit to Peppa Pig Land, hours of fun and laughter are waiting for you in Gardaland!
- Caneva World - This fun-filled amusement park contains all of the wonders of Hollywood. From movie themed rides to backstage adventures, movie buffs will be able to discover their favorite films in a whole new way!
- Aqua Paradise Park - This park is part of Caneva World and is a water-land adventure filled with slides and lazy rivers. It's the perfect place to spend a hot summers day with the family
- Parco Naturo Viva - This zoo and wildlife safari was opened in 1969 and is the perfect opportunity to view some of the world’s most amazing animals. It is open all year round and provides visitors an up close and personal experience with over 1500 different species
- The Town of Sirmione - Located on the shores of Lake Garda is the famous town of Sirmione. This town is a busy place that draws in tourists from all over the world to its thermal baths. It is also the home of Scaligero Castle and the ancient ruins of a Roman villa called Grotte di Catullo. Jamaica Beach is another popular attraction here. Situated on the shores of the lake, just outside of Sirmione, this beach is the perfect paradise for swimming and soaking in the summer sun
- Desenzano del Garda - If you are arriving to the Lake Garda region by train travel, you will most probably arrive in Desenzano del Garda. This beautiful resort town is full of ancient and medieval history and also has an excellent culinary and nightlife scene.
No matter what your interests are, a visit to the Lake Garda region of Italy is an excellent way to experience all of the culture and rich heritage that Italy has to offer. Beautiful hotels, exciting attractions and sweeping views of beautiful Lake Garda are all waiting to be explored.
Stay Informed with the Train-Travel-Italy Newsletter