Lake Garda Italy
Visit the Largest Lake in the Country
A visit to Italy’s largest lake is sure to be filled with excitement, adventure and all of the beautiful scenery that it's known for. This lake is situated among the Dolomites mountain range. It is filled with crystal clear, glacial waters and camping Lake Garda is one activity that is quite popular amongst the visitors to the region. Swimming, windsurfing and sunbathing while relaxing on its shores are just a few of the perks that Lake Garda holidays can offer. Furthermore, you can also take advantage of the exciting amusement parks, historical sites and breathtaking views.
Lake Garda Weather
The weather Lake Garda enjoys can be described as a temperate microclimate with pleasant summers which are quite sunny for the most part, especially in the mornings. However, you can also expect frequent thunderstorms, hail and wind gusts. The windy shores of Lake Garda Italy, particularly in the north can produce some good waves and these conditions are much appreciated by surfers and windsurfers alike. Winters can be cold and you can expect a snow fall at least once a year. Best time to visit this amazing place is in the late spring, summer and early fall when the weather in Lake Garda Italy is at its mildest.
LAKE GARDA WEATHER
More About Lage Garda Italy
Wondering what to do while on one of those Lake Garda holidays? Here are a few of the most popular sites:
- Gardaland - This amusement park is adjacent to Lake Garda in Italy and is one of the country's most famous themed destinations. No doubt about it - this park contains fun & thrills for every member of the family. From a thrilling roller coaster ride on the Blue Tornado to a fun filled visit to Peppa Pig Land, hours of fun and laughter are waiting for you in Gardaland Italy!
- Caneva World - This fun-filled amusement park at Garda Lake Italy contains all of the wonders of Hollywood. From movie themed rides to backstage adventures, movie buffs will be able to discover their favourite films in a whole new way!
- Aqua Paradise Park - is part of Caneva World and is a water-land adventure destination filled with slides and lazy rivers. It's the perfect place to spend a hot summer day with the family while visiting Lake Garda in Italy.
- Parco Naturo Viva - This zoo and wildlife safari was opened in 1969 and is the perfect opportunity to view some of the world’s most amazing animals. It is open all year round and provides visitors an up close and personal experience with over 1500 different species.
- Lake Garda Sirmione - Is a 4km long town which is partly located on the lake's southern peninsula. This commune has amazing panoramic views due to its elevation which is roughly 68m above sea level. This town draws many tourists from all over the world to its healing thermal baths. It is home to the Scaligero Castle and ancient ruins of a Roman villa called Grotte di Catullo with a beautiful Lake Garda beach right beside it. This is a very popular attraction with paradise-like setting, perfect for swimming and soaking up the summer sun - they call it Jamaica Beach.
- Desenzano del Garda - If arriving to this region by train, you will most likely stop at Desenzano del Garda. This beautiful resort town is full of ancient and medieval history and also has an excellent culinary and nightlife scene.
- Salò Lake Garda - A small resort town located on the west side of the lake and in the inlet of the south end of Gardone Riviera. It is a quaint little town with a beautiful setting. The lakefront shops, cafes and restaurants attract many tourists looking for a quiet, romantic atmosphere while visiting Italy - Lake Garda in particular.
No matter what your interests are here, perhaps it's Lake Garda camping, the fun of thrilling water-sports or simply soaking up the rays on a beach - the fantastic scenery, rich heritage and many amenities in the region will not disappoint. Many beautiful hotels, exciting attractions and sweeping views of Lake Garda in Italy keeps brining visitors back here to spend their vacations time and time again.
More Popular Lakes in Italy
Lake Garda Map & Train Tips
Below you'll find a map of Lake Garda with nearby train stations, water transportation, popular attractions, lodging options and much more. Reaching this destination by train is easily done from Venice, Verona, Milan, Florence, Rome and Bologna to the local stations at Peschiera Del Garda and Desenzano. Refer to the Italy train map for an overall glimpse of the country's railway system.
Stay Informed with the Train-Travel-Italy Newsletter