Visit Some of Italy's Most Spectacular Island Beaches
A visit to Sardinia Beach is often compared to visiting a Caribbean island. Its miles of white sandy beaches and clear, turquoise waters look more like something from a tropical beach vacation than that of a European trip. The beaches here are the most sought after in all of Italy and they are ranked as being some of the top beaches in the entire world.
The summer months in Italy, from June to early September, are the busiest here and beaches and seaside towns are usually packed with both locals and tourists who flock here to worship the sun and play in the waves.
Things to Do Near a Sardinia Beach
Besides laying in the sun, building sandcastles and wading in it’s crystal clear waters on the beaches Sardinia has to offer, the region has a lot to offer anyone who visits here. Some of the most popular activities include:
- Costa del Sud - If you have a rental car while visiting the Sardinia region of Italy, then it is highly recommended that you take a drive along the Costa del Sud. This 25 km stretch of coastal highway (on the SP71 road) offers some of the most panoramic views of the water and beaches that the area has to offer.
- Swimming - If you are looking for the perfect location to take a dip into the turquoise waters, Santa Teresa di Gallura’s is an amazing beach Sardinia offers with perfect sand and stretches of calm, shallow water. It is the perfect location for families with small children.
- Hiking and Rock Climbing - The Cala Goloritze is a small bay in the Sardinia area that is surrounded by limestone cliffs that are perfect for the avid rock climber. The Aguglia is the tallest of these formations. In order to reach this cove and beach area, visitors must trek down a mile long mule trail and other rocky and paths wind their way through this area, making perfect trails for those who love to hike.
- Boating - It is almost impossible to visit the Sardina region and not find yourself craving a boat ride atop its glistening waters. The Golfo di Orosei offers visitors the chance to explore the nooks and crannies all along this coast which is dotted with cliffs and grottos and abandoned coves. It is the perfect place to look for adventure while soaking up the sun.
- Island Hopping - If spending the day boating from island to island sound appealing (and why wouldn’t it!) then taking a trip to La Maddalena will be the perfect escape for you. This area is made up of numerous pink granite islands and is full of coves and inlets that are perfect for exploring.
Taking a vacation is all about getting in some relaxing time just for you. It's about getting away from the stresses of everyday life and taking the time to unwind. There is no better place to do this than at a Sardinia Beach on the beautiful island region where the water is warm and beautiful and there is just enough to do to keep your sense of adventure active.
Stay Informed with the Train-Travel-Italy Newsletter